Dream Home Inspections offer home exterior and other home inspection services across Halifax, Dartmouth, Bridgewater, Bridgetown, Shelburne, Truro, New Glasgow, Antigonish, Amherst, Yarmouth, Nova Scotia.
The inspector shall inspect:
- The exterior wall-covering materials, flashing and trim;
- All exterior doors;
- Adjacent walkways and driveways;
- Stairs, steps, stoops, stairways and ramps;
- Porches, patios, decks, balconies and carports;
- Railings, guards and handrails;
- The eaves, soffits and fascia;
- A representative number of windows; and
- Vegetation, surface drainage, retaining walls and grading of the property, where they may adversely affect the structure due to moisture intrusion.
The inspector shall describe:
- The type of exterior wall-covering materials.
The inspector shall report as in need of correction:
- Any improper spacing between intermediate balusters, spindles and rails.
The inspector is not required to:
- Inspect or operate screens, storm windows, shutters, awnings, fences, outbuildings, or exterior accent lighting.
- Inspect items that are not visible or readily accessible from the ground, including window and door flashing.
- Inspect or identify geological, geotechnical, hydrological or soil conditions.
- Inspect recreational facilities or playground equipment.
- Inspect seawalls, breakwalls or docks.
- Inspect erosion-control or earth-stabilization measures.
- Inspect for safety-type glass.
- Inspect underground utilities.
- Inspect underground items.
- Inspect wells or springs.
- Inspect solar, wind or geothermal systems.
- Inspect swimming pools or spas.
- Inspect waste water treatment systems, septic systems or cesspools.
- Inspect irrigation or sprinkler systems.
- Inspect drainfields or dry wells.
- Determine the integrity of multiple-pane window glazing or thermal window seals.